Sorry for the delay... but life got in the way
Well, it's almost mid-December.
The good news is I made the NaNoWriMo Nov 30th deadline, and had over 51,000 words written in my final submission for word count.
The bad news is... well, it's not ready to read yet! It's thoughts, notes, jumbled conversations, and a bunch of shorthand that I need to translate and develop before I can post it here for you to read. It was pretty close there, the last few days of December, rushing to make the 50,000 word deadline. But I did that. The rules only stipulate a word count, not actually coherent and structured sentences. (It's true - check it out, if you don't believe me.)
And from Thanksgiving till Christmas is always a busy time here at our house. From one holiday to the next, we've got three birthdays in between to celebrate. This year had the added excitement of pulling off a surprise birthday party for my husband - who was completely clueless and shocked utterly speechless when he opened the door. But that's a story for another time.
Point is, between the holiday preparations (we had turkey at our house), the birthdays, the gift shopping, and the general "merriment" of preparing for Christmas (putting up the tree, the lights, the decorations)... Add to all that the freezing cold weather we've been having here, plus the two big 'blizzards' we had in the last week - well, let's just say that I can't remember getting 10" in one night this early in the season for a while. Even last year's night before Thanksgiving snow was only 6-7". But it's all pretty and sparkly outside, so that's enough for me.
I've got an opportunity to get my novel published (free to winners of NaNoWriMo, so don't think it's thru a romance novel publishing house or anything big). There's a deadline for submissions on that. I think it's early January. I'm going to try to do that. So, as I finish the chapters, I'll post them here online.
If you've found any inconsistencies, spelling or grammar errors, or other things that should be fixed in a final draft, please leave a comment or email me. I'd really appreciate that.
Till I post the next chapter, Happy Holidays!
The good news is I made the NaNoWriMo Nov 30th deadline, and had over 51,000 words written in my final submission for word count.
The bad news is... well, it's not ready to read yet! It's thoughts, notes, jumbled conversations, and a bunch of shorthand that I need to translate and develop before I can post it here for you to read. It was pretty close there, the last few days of December, rushing to make the 50,000 word deadline. But I did that. The rules only stipulate a word count, not actually coherent and structured sentences. (It's true - check it out, if you don't believe me.)
And from Thanksgiving till Christmas is always a busy time here at our house. From one holiday to the next, we've got three birthdays in between to celebrate. This year had the added excitement of pulling off a surprise birthday party for my husband - who was completely clueless and shocked utterly speechless when he opened the door. But that's a story for another time.
Point is, between the holiday preparations (we had turkey at our house), the birthdays, the gift shopping, and the general "merriment" of preparing for Christmas (putting up the tree, the lights, the decorations)... Add to all that the freezing cold weather we've been having here, plus the two big 'blizzards' we had in the last week - well, let's just say that I can't remember getting 10" in one night this early in the season for a while. Even last year's night before Thanksgiving snow was only 6-7". But it's all pretty and sparkly outside, so that's enough for me.
I've got an opportunity to get my novel published (free to winners of NaNoWriMo, so don't think it's thru a romance novel publishing house or anything big). There's a deadline for submissions on that. I think it's early January. I'm going to try to do that. So, as I finish the chapters, I'll post them here online.
If you've found any inconsistencies, spelling or grammar errors, or other things that should be fixed in a final draft, please leave a comment or email me. I'd really appreciate that.
Till I post the next chapter, Happy Holidays!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home